5 Instant Midlife Stress Eliminators
1. Clear out clutter – clutter is overwhelming and makes it hard to find items when you need them. Start with a drawer or shelf, then an entire room. Less clutter equals less stress.
2. Laugh – watch a funny movie or sitcom. Laughter increases oxygen and blood flow, thereby eliminating stress.
3. Sing – Turn on your radio or Ipod to your favorite music and sing out loud. Singing makes you feel happier and in turn reduces your stress.
4. Pet your pet – petting animals causes your body to release feel good hormones like serotonin and oxytocin while decreasing stress hormones.
5. Exercise – any cardio exercise helps your body to produce endorphins, making you feel good afterwards.
Here’s a thought, whenever you are really stressed invite friends over for a funny musical comedy. Make sure you do that 15 minute rapid clean before they arrive and give your pet some lap time during the event. Now you have set yourself up for a stress free and fun evening.
Making lifestyle changes can be an effective way to reduce stress. The University of Maryland Medical Center provides a additional details on reducing stress.