Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad
Recipe: Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad
Summary: This cruciferous-serious salad calls for a bit of chopping, but it’s worth the effort. It’s bold and has a very distinct flavor. We’ve found the longer it sits the better it gets. This salad makes a great lunch for a couple of days.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 large bunches kale, discard stems, leaves thinly sliced
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, grated
- ½ cup virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino cheese
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper. Stir and set aside.
- Mix kale and Brussels sprouts in bowl.
- Spoon 1 tbsp oil from cup into small skillet.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add almonds to skillet and stir frequently until golden brown in spots, about two minutes.
- Transfer nuts to paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Slowly whisk remaining olive oil into mustard mixture. Season dressing to taste.
- Add dressing to kale mixture, add nuts, cheese and raisins and mix together. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think about it.