Curried Sweet Potato Fries
The lovely aroma of baked sweet potatoes is an autumn favorite in the Healthy Midlife kitchen. Adding Curry to the sweet taste makes this a delicious and tantalizing side dish for holiday dinners. Or a flavorful snack for the afternoon. The Greek yogurt dip helps to create an exciting flavor combination to the dish.
Recipe: Curried Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup of plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- A pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven to 400
- Combine sweet potatoes, olive oil, spices and salt in a large bowl. Toss until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated in the spice mixture.
- Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and give the potatoes a flip. Pop them back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown on the outside.
- While the potatoes are cooking combine the garlic, garlic powder, yogurt, vinegar, basil, and salt in a small bowl. Set it aside until your potatoes are ready to go!
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve with the garlic yogurt dipping sauce. Enjoy!!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Quick Nutrition Bites
Sweet potatoes are great for the midlife diet. Rich in vitamin A, B6, C and E, they’re also a great source for fiber, beta-carotene, potassium and copper.
If you try out this recipe, we’d love to hear how you like it. Join the conversation on Facebook.com/HealthyMidlife.