Kale and Cabbage Salad with Creamy Mustard Dressing
Summary: We love the combination of Kale and Cabbage and when we spotted this recipe on Rawmazing with these two cruciferous veggies we had to give it a try. The mustard and cashew based dressing provides a unique, tangy taste that gets even better the longer it chills with the salad.
- 3 bunches organic kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 lemons, juice from
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper
- In large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients.
- Place all dressing ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
If you try out this recipe, we’d love to hear how you like it. Join the conversation on Facebook.com/HealthyMidlife.