A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned at one of our HealthyMidlife meetings that I still have some weight I would like to get off. I have lost about 15 lbs in the past year but still would like to lose some additional weight. Grant mentioned he was in the same place as me. I have always liked to team up with a friend, it keeps me motivated. So I challenged Grant to a 90 day weight loss contest. We both have reasons for this challenge. I'll let Grant share his on his journey page and I'll be sharing my journey with you as well.
Our official challenge starts today. I've weighed in and taken measurements. I'll report my loses along the way. You are probably wondering what's at stake. Our families are all going on a cruise together this winter for Grant and my 50th birthday celebrations (we are a month a part) and the bet is for 15 lbs in 90 days. Whoever doesn't make the goal has to purchase a massage for the winner at the spa on the cruise ship. If we are both successful then we have both won with the weight loss and they'll be much to celebrate this winter.
My reasons for losing those 15 lbs are as follows:
- To improve my diabetes. I would like my AIC to go down at my next doctor's visit
- Eat healthier to avoid the heart burn I've been experiencing lately and not have to take antacids to control it.
- To gain more energy. Life isn't slowing down so I can't slow down either
- To work toward my long term goal of being to my goal weight by my 50th birthday (that's a total of 25 lbs)
How am I going to accomplish this:
- Cut sugar out of my diet.
- Cut down on fatty foods
- Cut down on red meat
- Drink more water
- Eat home more often so it's easier to control the ingredients and portions
- Seek out new lighter healthier recipes using fresh ingredients
- Exercise 3-5 days a week mixing both cardio and strength workouts
- Making getting healthy a priority
If this motivates you, please join me.
Filed under: Kathy's Journey
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!