Speeding up Your Metabolism
- Learn about many ways to boost your metabolism through exercise and nutrition.
- Find out how sleep can effect your metabolism
- There are many supplements that can help your overall health.
[accordion title=”Increase Metabolism Naturally”]
How to Increase Metaolism Naturally
[accordion title=”Healthy Foods that Boost your Metabolism”]
Healthy Foods that Boost your metabolism
Now in midlife it’s harder to lose weight. I have friends that tell me it’s hard to maintain their weight. As we get older our bodies don’t need as many calories to maintain our body weight. Metabolism slows down after 30. I did some research to find out if there is a way to boost metabolism and help my body process foods more efficiently.
We all can logically figure that if you exercise regularly, it will boost your metabolism. Does it matter what type of exercise you do? Actually, it does. Exercising with sprints of energy such as walking then running and walking again helps to burn fat faster than just walking. Strength exercise is the best fat burning exercise. Some studies indicate that the more muscle in your body the more calories you burn. Muscle does burn more calories than fat.
What should I eat?
There are many things you can do to increase your metabolism during middle age with diet. Here are some of them.
- Eat more whole foods. Fruit and specifically grapefruit helps to boost your metabolism.
- Take processed food out of your diet. Preservatives in processed foods can actually slow down metabolism.
- Eat regularly; small meals. Don’t eat one or two small meals and one large meal. You should eat 5-6 small meals a day. Consistantly fuel your body
- Increase water intake. Water makes your whole body function better.
- Drink green tea. There are many studies that green tea can boost your metabolism
Vitamins and spices can help too
Taking a multiple vitamin can help make sure you are getting all the vitamins you need daily to help your body function properly. Other supplements can help as well. Chromium Picolinate as well as Vitamin B12 and B Complex have shown to help in weight loss.
Cayenne can also help boost your metabolism. When you eat spicy foods your body works harder to process them. You can take cayenne in capsule form but a warning that you should avoid it if you currently have any digestive issues. Cinnamon and ginger are also known to help boost metabolism.
Getting enough sleep is very important step to overall health. Your body needs to rest 6-8 hours a day for your body to function properly. There are many benefits.
- It will help you to maintain a healthy weight.
- Helps with brain function. You can think more clearly and can improve your mood.
- Can lower risk of diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Helps to boost your immune system to help you from getting sick.
- Can reduce stress.
So it’s just common sense that eating healthy, exercising and taking supplements can aid in overall health.