Spicy Thai Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Recipe: Spicy Thai Lettuce Wraps
Summary: This is a healthy vegan and raw meal that has quite a bit of kick. This was perfect for a light and filling dish for a group or party. The sauce can be made hotter depending on your tastes (just reduce the amount of jalapeno seeds). The idea for this recipe is a variation of one found in the Complete Book of Raw Food.
- Romaine Lettuce
- Filling Ingredients
- 3 Zucchini (shave with vegetable peeler or julienne)
- 1 Yellow Squash (shave with vegetable peeler or julienne)
- 3 oz pkg dry Porcini Mushrooms (rehydrate for 2 hours)
- 3 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 dozen snow peas
- 8 oz bean sprouts
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pre-soaked seaweed
- 1 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes soaked for 2 hours
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 cloves peeled garlic
- 7 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeno (seeded if desired)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon shredded ginger
- 2 tablespoon Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- For the lettuce wrap filling: Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- For dressing: Blend all ingredients in a blender. If it gets too thick, add a bit more water.
- When serving, put filling in romaine lettuce leaf and top with dressing.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Get connected! Be sure to visit and “Like” our page onwww.Facebook.com/HealthyMidlife for other great midlife health tips and articles.