Vegetarian Chia Seed Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Recipe: Chia Seed Oatmeal Cookies
Summary: A vegetarian oatmeal cookie bursting with healthy chewy goodness. We modified a recipe found in The Happy Herbivore Cookbook (availabe at Amazon) to include Chia Seeds. These seeds are rich in Omega-3 and antioxidants. Combined with rolled oats and cranberries, this cookie is delicious alternative to traditional oatmeal cookies.
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 ripened and smashed banana
- 1/2 teaspoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix chia seeds, applesauce, sugar, maple syrup, banana, almond milk and vanilla in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Combine both mixtures and add cranberries. Mix.
- Roll mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press down with palm of your hand to flatten balls.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
If You Try This Recipe, Let Us Know What You Think!
Visit our page on Facebook.com/HealthyMidlife
and share your experience with this recipe.
Filed under: Healthy Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!