If you are looking for a quick recipe to throw together from start to finish in 30 minutes that satisfies your comfort food craving, here it is! We have enjoyed it at our house many times and it's a real crowd pleaser. If you want to eat meat, you can substitute lean ground beef, turkey or chicken for the veggie crumbles. Also, I have made this with beef broth instead of vegetable broth. I'd like to suggest if you haven't tried veggie crumbles that this is an excellent recipe to give them a try for the first time.
Recipe: Vegetarian Stroganoff
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 package of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 12 oz back of veggie crumbles
- Olive oil
- 24 oz box vegetable broth (or 2 cans)
- 12 oz bag whole grain egg noodles
- 8 oz light sour cream
- Saute Onion and mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil. When almost tender add veggie crumbles and saute until all are tender and heated through. Add vegetable broth and bag of noodles. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 20 minutes until noodles are tender, Stir occasionally. Add sour cream to dish at the end and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Filed under: Healthy Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!